The National Shooting Complex has resumed normal hours of operation. The schedule for skeet, trap, sporting clays, and 5-stand is:
Wednesdays – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Members Only
Thursdays – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. – Open Public Shooting
Fridays – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Members Only
Saturdays – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Open Public Shooting
We will be taking all steps possible to protect the safety of our guests and staff, and as such, the following guidelines will be strictly enforced. These guidelines may be updated as new mandates are released by local, state, and federal authorities, or as decisions are made by the NSSA Executive Committee. Any guest who does not comply with the guidelines will be asked to leave the NSC.
- First and foremost, if you are sick, have symptoms of coronavirus, have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of coronavirus, or have recently traveled to/from a high-risk location, or have any concerns for your personal health status, please shelter at home and DO NOT COME TO THE NSC until your status has been verified to avoid further spread or putting anyone at risk. If you were previously diagnosed with coronavirus, a copy of your doctor’s release will be required before you will be allowed to visit the NSC.
- Additionally, we ask that you maintain social distancing of at least six (6) feet from any person with whom you are not related and with whom you have not already had contact during the shelter-in-place order. Also, please be mindful and respectful of social distancing regarding our employees as well.
- In keeping with a previously issued mandate by the City of San Antonio and the County of Bexar, the NSC will require all guests to wear a face covering while in the Club House / Pro Shop area and in all instances that social distancing of six (6) feet as described above cannot be achieved. Masks will not be provided, and guests will be responsible to provide their own as well as any other PPE, such as gloves and disinfectants, they may deem necessary.
- All Members, Non-Members and guests must check in at the Pro Shop window prior to shooting. The initial visit must be in person, as we have installed a new Long Range Target System, and all Member Keys must be replaced with a Member Card. All subsequent visits can be in person or by phone at 210-688-2542.
- Public shooting will be restricted to those with experience. There will be no first-time shooting or NSC instruction provided.
- Pro Shop will operate via the porch window. Doors will remain closed. Targets and ammo will be available.
- Preferred method of payment is credit card.
- All disciplines will be offered. Sporting clays, trap, and skeet will be on a pull-your-own basis. NSC will provide a puller for 5-stand.
- Group size will not exceed four (4) for any discipline.
- There will be no gun rentals at this time.
- There will be no cart rentals at this time.
- Personal carts are allowed; however, NSC will provide no services regarding sanitation of personal carts or cart storage area.
- NSC will not provide clipboards, pencils, or scorecards for recreational shooting at this time.
- NSC will not provide water jugs on any courses or fields at this time. Guests will need to provide their own non-alcoholic beverages while shooting.
- NSC will not provide port-a-pots on the sporting clays course(s) at this time. Restroom facilities will be available in the Club House and on Vendor Row near Skeet/Trap field #7. Occupancy of rest rooms will be limited to two (2) at any one time, and the two must maintain social distancing. Everyone must thoroughly wash hands after use of the restroom, according to the recommended handwashing guidelines.
- Sanitation/wipe down of all controllers/pull heads will be performed on a rotating basis as often as possible based on the participation level. Guests are encouraged to provide additional PPE such as gloves and additional sanitation products.
- Occupancy of the Club House will be limited to four (4) at any one time – face coverings and social distancing will apply as per above.
- Club House porch will be available; however, group size must not exceed four (4), and all groups must wear face coverings and maintain social distancing as per above.
- All areas of the Club House, including rest rooms, will be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis by NSC staff. As with shooting areas, guests are also encouraged to use additional PPE and sanitation as desired while in the Club House/Porch area.